Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19 - Flight Delays

Yesterday, more friends took me out to lunch to see me before I leave, so naturally the discussion turned to how I could possibly get my visa in time to get to China for the 20th if it takes a day to get a visa and I had not yet received my letter of invitation. Well, after finishing our smoked meat sandwiches, the answer still wasn't readily apparent, but today I got a definitive answer.

I received a courier today saying that I, Mr. Yu Hong Chen, was to be congratulated on my acceptance to the pre-MBA program of my Canada-based employer (I'm being paid by a school in Canada which is running a program at the university in China). If my TOEFLs are good enough I can even be admitted, following the pre-MBA, to a full-fledged Canadian university's MBA program!

Since I received the wrong documents, I immediately sent an email to my employer. They replied that they knew about the mistake and that the correct documents will be arriving tomorrow. Furthermore, they have booked a flight for me!

I will be leaving for China on Sunday, October 24.

Now I just need to get the visa and do my last minute preparations and packing. So excited!

EDIT: So, apparently my documents may not be arriving tomorrow. My employer accidentally sent them to Hong Kong instead of my house. They've put my flight on hold until the documents can be sent to me and I can obtain my visa.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder what score you would have gotten on the TOEFL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure! I've never seen the test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an English test. Seeing as you are going to teach English, one would hope that you'd do just fine. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually going to teach marketing and management (in English), although you still have a point.

    ReplyDelete